Monday, November 21, 2011

Set backs and Progress


So, when I first said I was going to lose that much weight by the new year, I really believed I was going to. Then, I got lazy. I'm not going to lie or sugar coat it. I just plum got lazy, and gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks instead of losing it. So, I have really been buckling down and sticking to my plan, and amping up my exercise the last 2 weeks, and I have now lost 1 lb from my starting point! I only have 12 more lbs to go! That's progress, and that's what I am thriving on! I still have a ways to go, but as long as I stick to what I am doing, I should be there by the New Year!
So, how am I going to keep my control this week?
I am going to make sure that I drink TONS of water, make sure that I get exercise in at least 5 days this week, if not 6. I am also not going to go back for seconds at Thanksgiving dinner. I usually eat my weight in mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving, but not this year. I also think I won't be putting gravy on my potatoes, and making sure there are more veggies on my plate than potatoes.
In general, I have decided that I am not going to be eating fried food anymore. The only fried food I was really eating was chicken breasts at fast food places, and french fries. I can live without those. If anything, it will keep me at arms length from fast food, which won't be a bad thing.
Also, I have gotten out of control with my cheese consumption again. I'm going to really cut that back again. Last time I did that I lost 4 lbs in one month, so that will only add to my arsenal of help on this journey.
Wish me luck! I hope I still have readers!

3 comments:

Jennifer Stafford Photography said...

Shayla... you cute thing, you. What a great goal you have set for yourself! And guess what? You can totally do it! It may be hard at times, but you can accomplish anything if you really want to. You are such a beautiful person, and you deserve to have anything and everything you desire. Never give up! :)

Jen said...

Sorry, didn't mean to post as that... it's just me, Jenny Grace (Stafford). In case you were wondering what kind of crazy "business" was posting on your blog!

Shae Mickey said...

Thanks for the support Jenny! I won't give up! I promise!