Friday, June 11, 2010

Burnout

So, lately, I have been burnt out with my life. I was having too many extremes all at once. I was trying to put too much on my plate. I was trying to work all the time, work out all the time, spend all of my time with my hubby, and eat healthy all the time. I was trying to be perfect, and I got burnt out.
So, I took this weekend off of work. I spent today doing things that I have wanted to do for a while. I went and got my hair done, I went to lunch with friends, and I took myself to a movie I have been dying to see. I went and saw Letters to Juliet. It's definitely a gushy warm feelings movie, but that's exactly what I needed today.
Tomorrow I head out of town for the rest of the weekend. I will try to eat pretty good, and to get a walk in.
What I have realized, is that when I try to be perfect, I gain weight. I just need to learn to be happy being me, and add my healthier habits. But I also need to not beat myself up when I make a mistake. This whole journey is about life changes, not burnouts.
I am changing my life for the good.

2 comments:

Bev said...

:-) Luv ya lots!

tamster17 said...

I just wanted to say "HI" -- came across your blog when searching for Pres. Uchtdorf's $20 bill quote and started reading your weight loss journey blog. I love your posts and couldn't stop reading them. I'm a fellow "fat minnie" here in Utah as well trying her best to navigate down the weight loos road. I look forward to reading about your journey. Best of luck to you and YOU GO GIRL!!! Keep it up, you can do it!!!