Sunday, July 7, 2013

So much has happened....

So, I have been severely neglecting this blog. When I was first on my journey, I was in a struggling marriage. A part of me thought that if I was thinner, maybe that would solve some of our problems. I was sadly mistaken. Needless to say, I am no longer in that struggling marriage. Right after we separated, I put on weight because I was depressed. I didn't know what to think, or what to do, and I just wanted to hide from all of it. As time has gone on, and I have met new people and made new friends and new connections, I had continued to put on weight, because I thought being social was more important than being healthy.
 I got on the scale 2 days ago, and I was back up to 210 lbs. I cried.
So, I jumped right back onto my amazing program! I am down 4 lbs in the first 2 days back on the program. There is nothing like this out there. The food is delicious, I don't feel hungry most of the time, and it's great for an on the go lifestyle like I live.
 Emotionally, I am in not such a depressed state now, which I'm sure is helping my weight loss. Mental health plays such a key part in a weight loss journey. If you let negative thoughts poison your life, you can't make progress. As an emotional eater myself, I struggle with this. I know that if I surround myself with positive people, I do much better. So, my tip today, if that is all you take away from this post, is to surround yourself with positive people!
 Much Love,
Shae, the Skinny Minnie!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job so far! I know you can do it! I'm curious what program you are doing? Good job keep it up Shala!

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you posted! Congrats on recommitting yourself. I really am proud of you.

Shae Mickey said...

Thank you guys so much! Austin- email me and I can give you the details! It's an amazing program. My dad has lost almost 150 lbs on it in the last year and a half!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear. I have totally been there. The struggling marriage, the divorce, all that fun stuff. I look back on it now as the best, hardest thing that has ever happened to me (best and hardest--aren't trials just like that?) but it's still something I would never in a million years wish on anybody. Sounds like you are already stronger coming out of it so good on ya. :)

Shae Mickey said...

Thank you! I really appreciate your comments!