Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ok, time for a memory

This isn't a happy memory. Well, it's actually 2 memories. One is a cute memory, the other is one that most people will be disgusted at. I will start with the cute memory.
One of the first memories I have as a kid, is standing in the kitchen, looking up at my parents, and asking "More Cheese Please!" My parents would giggle, either let me have another piece, or tell me that I have had enough.
Another memory is one where I was at church, I was 3 or 4, and I was hiding under a table. (I can't remember why I was hiding under the table, but I was.) One of the boys came in and said, "You are too fat to hide under that table! Everyone can see you!" In my heart, I know that this boy had no idea what he was really saying. I did take what he said very personally.
Now, why am I sharing these two memories? Part of me thinks that they are related to why I started having bad eating habits, and refusing to eat the good food my parents were trying so desperately to feed me. I would barely eat meat, veggies, or fruit as a young child. I was about a picky an eater as they come. My parents tried so hard to have me eat better, and I wish now that I wouldn't have been such a stubborn child.
I need to take this moment and thank my parents for doing everything that they could in their power to teach me the right things to eat, and how to live a healthy life. I never have given them the credit they deserve for that. I want them to know that everything they taught me did sink in, it just took me a while to let it become a better part of my life.
Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you both so much!

1 comment:

Bev said...

We love you too!!