Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Broken

Yesterday, I felt totally and completely broken. I felt like I would never reach my goals along this journey, and that I would never get the things that I wanted, because I was broken. I was devastated, and started crying.
My husband had no idea what was going on in my mind, but he came over to me, and just let me cry into his chest. He just held me until I stopped crying. He was so supportive, and just kept stroking my hair, and giving me words of comfort. He told me that I was his world, and that nothing would ever change that in his eyes. He told me how he was excited to see me as a mother, and that our kids would be so lucky to have me for a mother.
I really needed to hear that more than anything. He is usually not so receptive to what I need to hear, especially when I wasn't telling him anything that was going on in my mind, because we had been having some struggles recently. I wasn't wanting to be this vulnerable to him in that way. I can honestly say now, that I'm glad I cried on his chest, and that he was in tune with my needs. This is how I know I am a lucky girl. I had days like this occasionally in other relationships, but they never knew what to say or do when I would get like this, but my husband always has.
It's a shame that he doesn't let people see his tender side more often! I wish he wouldn't hide behind is "Caveman" job, and let people see that he is real, not some macho man that doesn't seem to care about anyone or anything.
This is proof that he does care about me, and that despite our struggles, we are good together. I can't wait for the day when a couple of our major struggles are behind us, and we can see how our relationship is with a little less stress! ;)
Until then, even though I feel broken, just like anyone else out there on this same journey, I am lucky enough to have someone in my life to help me pick up the pieces, and put together a better me.

3 comments:

Chelsea Anderson said...

I hope you start feeling better Shala!! I miss seeing you at Zumba but I realize you work so much it's hard to come back at night. Now that you work mornings, I miss talking to you on the circuit. Maybe we can chat at staff meeting next week. :)

Bev said...

I have tried to post, but the comments never seem to show up...anyway, Luv ya lots!

Shae Mickey said...

Chelsea! I would love to chat when I see you!
Bev, my beautiful mom! I love you too! Thanks!