Sunday, April 17, 2011

Helpful Weekend

So, as Friday went on, I started realizing something about myself. I have never fully let someone into my life, and who I am. I am good at being the person that someone needs me to be, but I have never fully let someone see the real me. My husband and my immediate family are the ones who I have been the closest with, but i still think I held certain things back from them, so that they wouldn't think I wasn't good enough to be loved by them. ( I know that saying it out loud, it is ridiculous and stupid to ever think that, but there it is. I know better in my head, it's just a matter of teaching my heart that.) Anyhow, I was at our usual Friday Night at Village Inn, and I wasn't going to order anything, but I wanted to not think about what I had realized. So, I proceeded to order a big order of cheese fries, (because cheese is my comfort food.) I started talking to one of my friends there, and she helped me to know that it is possible for me to change, because she had. I am now going to follow her same diet plan, and see how it works for me. It's more about tracking carbs than calories or fat. She warned me what to be cautious of, and how to be successful. I will keep you informed on how I am doing with it! I am also learning a lot about my mental state from a book called Women Food and God and it has really helped me realize that I have really been repressing certain feelings with food. I am ready to change that, and become the best me I can! Thanks to Jeanna, who is my helpful friend!

No comments: