Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sparring


So, as most of us who have been trying to loose weight have seen on The Biggest Loser, Jillian Michaels has her contestants spar with her, while she wears mitts to protect her hands. My hubby dearest had a set with a punching bag, the sparring gloves, and boxing gloves. As we were at their house yesterday, we found them. I feel that I need to amp up my cardio since they cut back on the amount of Zumba classes at my Curves, so we decided to spar a little bit last night!
HOLY COW!!! You would never really think that sparring just during commercial breaks while your favorite show is on you could feel that kind of workout! My arms are a little sore today! But I worked through my entire core too, because I wouldn't keep punching with one side. I was constantly twisting side to side with my punches, and I kept my stomach tight as well. It felt really good.
I feel this will be a good supplement to my missing Zumba classes, but I will most likely still need to walk or jog or something! Once it decides to stop raining here, I think that would help! My dear friend Carrie also has another T-Tapp video for me to try with her when we have some time to get together! Hopefully by this weekend or something! ;)

No comments: