Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Diet Tips from Chris Powell


So, for those who don't know who Chris Powell is, he is the new "it" trainer in TV. He is the hunky trainer helping with the amazing transformations on Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition. (Yes, I am admitting that I have a bit of a crush on him. My hubby doesn't travel all over the nation though, so I would rather have my hubby! ) So, he gives 3 main diet tips, and here they are.

Diet Tips:
Cut sugar, flour and fried foods
Always eat breakfast
Drink a gallon of water a day

Now personally, I agree with most of these. I think cutting flour is a little extreme. I would opt for whole wheat flour instead of white flour, and I would definitely try to cut out your refined sugars, and rely on our natural resources such as fruit for your sweet fix.
I am headed to the dietitian today, so I will let you know what she and I set up for me! I am committed to making this work!

1 comment:

Chelsea Anderson said...

I think those are some good tips. I especially think drinking enough water and eating breakfast are important. I can't believe how much healthier I feel after giving up meat, dairy, and eggs. So many delicious beans, nuts, grains, fruits, and vegetables to eat! But ask me to give up sugar or flour? I'm pretty sure I would die!