Friday, July 22, 2011

Emotions and Weight Loss

It's amazing to notice how much our emotions play into our weight loss journey. When I feel upbeat and optimistic, my weight just seems to drop off of me. But when I am upset or stressed about anything in my life, my weight won't budge. Lately I have had some family things going on that cause me to worry and stress for loved ones in my life. I am still trying to be optimistic about everything in my life, but I have my moments where I just break down because of it.
Yesterday was a break down day. I got some news that I didn't want to hear, and I didn't see my husband all day long because of the way our schedules were. The one day I needed to see him, I didn't. It was really hard on me for a good share of yesterday. Then, I went to go help a friend with some planning for her wedding, and then she and her sweetie treated me to dinner. I didn't pig out, but it was nice to get out and have someone to talk to. I didn't realize how much of a shut in I had turned into until a moment at dinner!
I didn't clear my plate at all, but I ate more than I probably should have. I can't let that moment keep me down though. I really just want to start over today, and know that it will be better! My husband doesn't work the rest of the weekend due to a local holiday, so I know I will get to see him!

No comments: