Saturday, May 15, 2010

BBQ

So, today is my first bbq of the season, and it will be great! I'm a little nervous about being tempted by treats that people may bring. Its bring your own meat, so I got me some lean burgers, so that is easy, and I can dress my own bun. (I like my burgers pretty plain as is, so there shouldn't be a problem there.) Lately I have had such a sweet tooth that it worries me. Maybe I will have a small sweet treat before I go as to not be tempted by things I shouldn't eat....I think I will do that.
The park we are going to be at is big, so I can do quite a bit of walking around and such to burn some calories. There will be frisbee and such, so we will see if I can get into that. Needless to say, I'm still trying hard, and I will be doing measurements tomorrow, so I'd better stay active today! :)


3 comments:

Bev said...

Yeah, let yourself have a tiny treat and then call it good! You can do that!

Steve and Jamie said...

Shae, I haven't really been checking blogs lately and I popped over to yours tonight. I was excited to find your weight-loss blog as well. I've been trying to figure out how I need to approach losing some of this "Ellison curse" too. I will try to pop in once in a while for some support and to do a little cheerleading. Keep going strong!

And by the way, I love the quote by Elder Uchtdorf on the side. I find it interesting that as women we can identify with that quote so much. I know that I often feel like like a battered 20 dollar bill and I find it hard to find my worth. I wanted to tell you that I think you are a pretty special girl and I think you are beautiful, inside and outside.

Shae Mickey said...

Thanks Jamie! I really needed to hear that tonight!