Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have a new goal...

I WANT TO RUN A MARATHON!!!!
It's a pretty difficult goal for me, as I am not the girl you see running around everywhere. So, I'm going to start small. I'm going to start by doing a 5K. I will be doing more running/walking to train for it, and I want to do it by the race on the 4th of July here in the town where I am living. From there, I will steadily move up what I'm doing until I run that marathon.
Why is this a goal now? Well, it's actually been a goal of mine for a couple of years now, but I'm only telling people now, through this blog. I see all of these people who tell me that they run 5k's or run marathons, and I want to be that person. I want to be that in shape that I can do it. So, there is my new goal. We will see how I do!

4 comments:

Bev said...

w00t! Good for you! I will cheer you on!

Beth said...

I believe in you, Shala. I think about all the contestants on Biggest Loser, and where those people have come from, and how they accomplish such great goals. Anything is possible! I've been tossing around the idea of a 1/2 marathon, I do enjoy 5k's. I see your motivation, and I know you are strong enough to do what your heart wants!!!!

Alyssa said...

Gooooo Shala! You can do it! It will be awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Shala I think that is an AWESOME goal!! I totally support this! Running a marathon is hard work, but seriously so worth it! You can totally do it. Start small and work up. Do you need a running buddy??? I'm totally with you if you do! :)