Sunday, May 23, 2010

Today's weigh in

Ok, so today is Sunday, and I have decided I will do a weigh and measure every Sunday. The unfortunate thing today is, I don't have fresh measurements today for you. I have had a sore throat the last 2 days, and didn't want to get my family sick, so I couldn't borrow mom's measuring tape to do my new measurements. The good news is...I AM DOWN ANOTHER POUND!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!! My goal for now is to just loose 1 lb a week, because by the end of a year's time, that is 52 lbs! :) Slow and steady wins the ultimate race in weight loss!

So, I have been thinking lately about what got me wanting to loose the weight in the first place. Other than the fact that I knew I needed it for my health, I was addicted to watching a particular season of The Biggest Loser. It happens to be the first season that a woman won the competition.
Ali was such an inspiration to me. She had gotten kicked off the show in week 4, and fought to get back on the show. She was just so motivated to change her life. Now, I have to tell you that I'm not the kind of person that would go on a tv show and let the world see my struggle through this, and everything. But, it's people like her that have helped me realize that I can conquer my fears, and win the battle against the bulge. Another person I have been able to relate to is Valerie Bertinelli. She seriously went under a huge transformation in front of everyone, and looks phenomenal. She truly gets that it's not an easy thing to go through, but she understands the importance of it, and I love when I find articles on her or Ali, and it just helps me recommit to living a healthier lifestyle all around. Tonight, I said no to strawberry shortcake. I'm feeling good! :)

No comments: