Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Blues

If my friend Angela saw me today, she would call me a "Sad Panda." Today, I feel like a "Sad Panda." Mother's Day is particularly hard for me this year. This is my third year being a married woman on Mother's Day, and I yearn more than ever to be a mother now. I have been feeling this way for quite a while. My body is even trying to trick me to think that I'm pregnant. All of those hopes were dashed of the possibility of being pregnant when I had a visit from "Aunt Flow" starting yesterday. So for me, the sting is still fresh, so the fact that today we spend the day celebrating mother's was difficult for me. Mother's Day is a wonderful day, please don't get me wrong. Not only do I have the most amazing mother, and mother in law, I have a whole network of women who love and support me and have for years. I am truly blessed and grateful for all of my mothers. I just yearn to be pregnant and feel my baby move inside me. I yearn to hold my newborn and think, "I just grew this human inside of me." I even yearn to be woken up in the middle of the night by my child. So, today was rough, but tomorrow is a new day full of health and exercise!

4 comments:

Bev said...

Love you lots and lots, and send you lots of hugs!

Chelsea Anderson said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. This was year 4 for me of no baby for Mother's Day. Hopefully we'll eventually get what we want more than anything. For now, I guess we'll just have to be happy with our furry babies.

Shae Mickey said...

But we still love our furry babies!

Monica said...

I know what it is like Shae. I am 33 years old and I never thought I wouldn't be a mom at this age. This year was actually the first in a long time it wasn't too difficult. Each day I have that yearning to be a mommy. Which is difficult since I am single, but Mother's Days are still difficult when you want to be a mommy. I am sorry sweetie!