Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why can't I?


Ok, this picture is a man named James, who lost 313 lbs in a year's time. THAT IS PHENOMENAL! He did have a lot of help in the beginning with his fitness guru living with him for the first 3 months of this year to teach him everything he needed to do. But he also lost 90 lbs on his own after that, and that's a lot of weight in a 3 month period. If he can do that, why can't I lose 50 lbs in a year? Granted, I'm not 651 lbs to start, with that much weight to lose, but I don't think my goal is unrealistic. 1 lb a week is a very healthy pace to be losing weight. I'm not expecting instant results. I want them to be slow and steady so that I know I'm losing it the right way. Plus, I don't want the saggy skin thing that can go along with drastic weight loss, so if it comes off more slowly, I don't get that quite so much.
So, I've figured out what my main struggle is. I need a food game plan. I have these things that I roughly follow, (Weight Watchers, and a diet plan I got from a friend) but that doesn't seem to be enough for me. I'm considering setting up an appointment with a dietician a time or two to see what would be best suited for me. I want this to happen for me, so I need to learn what is best for me. That's the one thing about weight loss. We all need slightly different things. Yes, we all need a healthy diet and to exercise to lose weight, but our bodies adapt to different things. Am I crazy to be considering this?

4 comments:

Bev said...

Go for it my dear - maybe we should go with you! {hugs}

MissTiff said...

I dont think you're crazy for considering it & you seem to have the right attitude about it, knowing that it will come off slowly & take some time. Rascal Flatts says it best, "I drive myself crazy trying to stay out of my own way.." Good luck in your journey!

Bookworm Lisa said...

No you are not crazy. Weight loss is an individual journey. It's trying to figure out what is right for you and will work best to maintain later.
My biggest problem is that I know that I am in the right mind frame. BTW - I added you to my blog roll. I hope you don't mind. I have close to 900 followers on my blog. Someone might see it. It's at http://lisaisabookworm.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

You can do it!! (Hopefully I can lose my 15 pounds, too!)