Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

So, today is Easter! I love Easter, and what the holiday is really all about. I know I couldn't be on this journey without the constant support and help of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for Him, and everything he has, and continues to do for me. One of my most memorable Easters would have been 4 years ago, when I had to give a talk in church about the Crucifixion. I couldn't speak on what happened in Gethsemane, and I couldn't speak on the resurrection. It was truly a tough talk for me. I learned a lot of things that I didn't previously understand, and it made me all the more grateful for the sacrifice he gave me.
It's also a time where I get to see family, which is why I didn't blog yesterday! I did pretty well, all things considered. No cheese still, we had Chinese for dinner, and I didn't gorge myself on it. Although, my cousin made these wonderful Red Velvet Chocolate Cake Balls, (visit http://bakerella.com/ for the recipe) and I did have a couple of those, because they were absolutely divine. I didn't really get a workout in, but I made sure I was moving, and I played with my little cousin, lifting him for a workout! :) Monday will be better. Now It's off to my parent's for a great Easter Dinner!
Again, Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Bev said...

not a happy kitty!!

Shae Mickey said...

I thought you might say that Mom! :) Just know that I would never do that to my own cats!