Thursday, April 1, 2010

Support Group


After my Curves workout tonight,(557 calories tonight btw! w00t again!) there are a few of us that stay and talk about our weight loss journeys. Our group on thursday nights is very small. It consists of 3-4 people on a regular basis. Tonight, it was just me and the trainer, Chelsea. Chelsea is phenomenal, and she is the trainer down there that knows me the best, because she is the trainer that teaches these classes. Tonight we talked about Eating Out, and things to do. After we watched the little informational video, we sat and talked about how we do some of those things already, like asking for half portions, and boxing huge portions right as they bring you the food.

Then we continued to chat about things we had been working on, and I talked a little about my blog, and my no cheese commitment and things like that. As I was sitting there, I realized that I had been spilling out a bunch of things I haven't told a lot of people. And a lot of things that only my parents and my husband know. Chelsea has been a big help to me in getting me down to Curves, because she isn't just my trainer, she is my friend. That is the biggest difference between a regular gym and Curves. At Curves, you are friends with your trainers, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

While I'm talking about support that I have, I want to say thanks to everyone who has been dropping by my blog, even if you aren't posting. I know you all care about me, and are rooting for me. I have the most amazing support system to help me reach my goal! I couldn't do it without all of you! Thank you!

3 comments:

Bev said...

w00t! w00t! Sounds like what a good cosmetologist does for her clients, too!!

Chelsea Anderson said...

Shala! You and LeeAnn are my favorite! I love you girls to pieces. I'm so glad you guys decided to join Curves and have been my faithful support group girls. Your blog is amazing; I'm so glad you're willing to share your journey with the world. You go girl!

Monica said...

I so wish I could afford to do Curves than I would come and join you! It sounds like it is going great!